I have to say it’s a Christmas Miracle in our house right now

Decorating the Christmas tree with my lads, traditionally, has been nothing short of annoying. I’m gunna be honest here - they’ve always been completely useless in helping me get to the final conclusion one is aiming for – a reasonable looking tree.

Historically, well since kids came into my life, the majority of their time (while decorating said tree) is invested in smashing expensive decorations, or taking tinsel/beads to get the cats to chase it. Thanks, my loves. Super helpful….

With kids, you take what you get right?

Christmas decoration attire has been decided on
The other element here is, it’s also a job I’ve had to do myself in recent years, because for the last couple, Steve had to be in the US for work at this time of year.

But I’m pleased to report, this year, everything changed. The biggest change was sharing memories as we put the tree together.

We collect Christmas decorations as we travel around the world. It’s amazing, you can buy Christmas decorations at any time of the year, in any part of the world – I’ve noticed.  Although, we also have interesting decorations never designed to be such.

It was lovely remembering with them. A market in Sri Lanka, a Vietnam adventure, or something we picked up in Australia. The boys were full of stories about that little moment in their lives. Beautiful right?

But it gets more beautiful.

They didn’t stop helping me decorate the tree until it was completely done. How’s that for you? That’s the real miracle.

Incidentally, they’re now writing their letters to Santa. I know Jax, at least, doesn’t believe in Santa anymore, but he’s milking it for all it’s worth. I actually admire him for it. However, I am pretty sure there still is that little piece of belief. He’s not fully ready to let go…. Just in case.

Research for Santa letter
One example of milking is the Santa Letter. They are both sitting together right now, writing their letters, and I tell you, they are doing some very serious research. Their MACs are out, YouTube and toy sites are open, and every possible dream that enters their head + the toys these clever sites push kids too, mean the boys are writing a very comprehensive list indeed!
And take a look at this. Lex wants a Piro Mini. Oh I am giggling.

Oh sure love, with your history of fire, it’d be my pleasure to pick that up for you…..

I admire them and I’m loving seeing this growth. Sometimes you don’t think your kids are growing up and then BAM! The next stage is upon us.

Oh, talking of next stage. Testosterone has entered the building. SHIT!  Get me outta here.
Anyone relate to any of the above?

Yours, without the bollock
Andrea


Thank you for reading my ramblings. My brain and heart are a work in progress, always. I’d love a comment if it stirred any thoughts or feelings and of course, please feel free to share it with anyone you know who might be interested or entertained. I sure do appreciate it when you do. If you want to connect, I'm on Twitter here, Google+ here, Instagram here, YouTube here, and Facebook too. I share loads of stuff, not just my own xxxxx

Comments

Popular Posts