A month in Phuket, Thailand, in photos

It’s been a month since we moved to Phuket and I decided I would post a photo or video a day – to capture what I’m seeing. I plan to keep going, because it keeps me paying attention and living in the moment, but equally, I am blown away daily by differences.

The pics/videos are getting great interaction on Instagram and Twitter, but with Facebook’s pay-to-play model, not as much there. I’ll keep doing it anyway, because the world is an amazing place, and I love sharing my love for our global community. 

So here you go, a selection of the month so far. We’re here physically, but we’re not here in our hearts yet. We know it will come, and we are patient, but think life will be a duality for a while…

My first #photoaday, a truck full of Styrofoam
This is something in excessive use here and I have decided I’m going to join (or start) the battle to get it stopped.


The greatest angst of the move to Phuket - missing out on Halloween! 
My word the pressure was on and thankfully, we had a trick or treat session in our villa complex! I present Ned Kelly and Van Helsing. 

Good to see my old leather jackets being put to use… and yes, I’m still dragging them around the world. Surviving awesomely in the tropics. Not.


This photo represents 10 straight days of muscle spasming, back aching unpacking! I never want to move again, but I know I will…


Steve loves a corny joke and this is his newest - look, the pizza is going in the oven.... EVERY SINGLE TIME he sees it. Cue eye roll. The boys are with me. Dad is now officially embarassing.


 My window seat without a window on SilkAir to Singapore.


Thankfully my friend Andrew Psarianos was able to fix it…. My first Photoshop, thanks darls.



Our daily Spinosaurus…. Just randomly sitting there, for no apparent reason.


 A message from the kids at UWC Thailand – wipe out hate, bring in love.



I want to buy locally made, or made in Thailand, whenever possible. So I found this little workshop at the side of the road, and these guys were amazing. No filter here. The whole place was blue.


And then this guy. I was coming home from dropping the boys at school, and saw him in the wires. A true example of #worldsmostdangerousjobs.


I think my favourite video, was this little one. One of the short-cuts on the way to school. We are not in Singapore anymore….


There you go, some moments in time from our first month. Only captured with an iPhone, so nothing spectacular in a photography sense, but part of the story of daily life.

Favourite? Want to join me in taking a photo or video a day?

Yours, without the bollocks
Andrea



Comments

Popular Posts